The Grandstream phone has a built-in feature that presents the local weather. While many times this feature automatically determines the location, it is possible that it doesn't work in some instances.
To correct the issue, log in to the local IP address of the phone using a web browser on the same network as the phone. The default login name and password are both admin.
- Navigate to the 'Settings' menu at the top
- Navigate to the 'Web Service' menu to the left
- Ensure 'Enable Weather Update' is set to yes
- Change 'City Code' to "Self-Defined City Code"
- In the 'Self-Defined City Code' field, type in the five-digit zip code
- Click 'Save and Apply' near the bottom of the page
To save time, system administrators may choose to do this in the Cytracom Portal under the PBX. Simply modify the device (or the device template if pushing to many devices) and change the Advanced Settings. Set the following values:
P1377=<Your local Zip code>
Optional Extended Format
P1377=Allen%2C TX 75013 The D2 devices do not support the weather function at this time.
The D2 devices do not support the weather function at this time.