ControlOne Agent 2.1.0
March 23, 2023
- Support for Agent Control Policies created in the management portal. Allowing policy control of Wifi-Protection, connect on boot, and the ability to control whether the end-user is able to disconnect inside the Agent.
- The connection counters and the graph would get stuck at "0" on Windows systems when waking from "hibernation" or S4 sleep states. Agent connectivity was unaffected by this graphical bug.
- On Windows system, this version (2.1.0) must be installed over any previous version using an RMM or with the .msi package directly. Initiating an upgrade to this version from the ControlOne management portal will not work from any previous version.
ControlOne Agent 2.0.1
February 23, 2023
- All new branding, login flow, multi-factor auth experience, and many UX improvements.
- New high visibility system tray icons representing the connection state and status.
- Improved responsiveness, energy efficiency, CPU + memory utilization on Windows and macOS.
- The Agent now reacts to controller messages in a fraction of the time, such as when a device is quarantined because of a device posture failure, or when a user's Zone assignment is changed by an admin.
- Status now displays "Account Pending" when the User's assigned Zone has no Cloud Gateway configured.
- The connection status byte counters now display the rate (not volume) of data securely sent and received by the Agent through the ControlOne platform.
- Faster connection setup + reconnection times, and more robust failure avoidance including a new DNS based probe.
- A new command line interface `controlone-cli` is now included in the installation directory -- for Nerds only :) Try the `--help` option to get started.
- Wifi / Lateral movement protection status is now displayed in the main panel.
- Added automatic log rotation.
- The Agent would use more CPU than necessary while failing Device Posture Check or when the system was unable to reach the ControlOne platform.
- The tray GUI could be running without a system tray icon or a main window, on Windows.
- The tray GUI would sometimes appear in the task bar on Windows.
- When Windows "hotspot mode" was enabled, the Agent's connectivity and guests of the hotspot would be unable to pass traffic.
- The tray GUI was not auto launching when installed an AD joined system, or would not launch when logging into Windows with cached Azure credentials.
- A new ControlOne virtual adapter was being created more often than necessary on Windows.
- A login startup item would appear in macOS System Preferences application as an unsigned binary called "open" in macOS Ventura (13.x).
- Fixed a bug preventing the local gateway IP from being displayed on macOS.
- The Agent would spawn more threads than necessary on macOS.
- The background service would not properly handle SIGTERM on macOS.
- Local gateway IP would blank out on the diagnostic panel for macOS.
- The connection counters and graph may get stuck until a reboot or background service restart on Windows systems that return from "hibernation" / S4 sleep state and reconnect automatically. Agent connectivity is unaffected by this graphical bug.
- Some WSL2 applications are unable to pass traffic when using the Agent.
- The username may disappear from the bottom of main panel when upgrading versions on macOS. Agent connectivity is unaffected by this graphical bug.
ControlOne Agent 18.104.22.168
November 9, 2022
- Client devices were sometimes deemed "Non-Complaint" with a Device Posture Policy when policy requirements did not apply to the specific device by platform.
- The Agent would be connected to the Quarantine Zone in some cases, even when the client device was passing the policy check.
- The Agent background service would not always check that the tray GUI was able to sync at system start.
- Full disk encryption results on macOS would be considered invalid even after the boot disk was encrypted per policy.
ControlOne Agent 22.214.171.124
September 29, 2022
- When the client system did not have required all system dependencies installed, the Agent Installer could launch the GUI before the newly installed system was ready, which could cause the GUI to break until the system was rebooted.
ControlOne Agent 126.96.36.199
September 9, 2022
- When an update is available, the Agent can now queue a download for the update package, to be performed the next time internet connectivity is detected.
- The Agent GUI would sometimes lose communication "sync" with the system service, resulting in an incorrect but harmless "Reconnecting..." message despite maintaining connectivity to the platform.
ControlOne Agent 188.8.131.52
September 1, 2022
- The Agent now responds more quickly to zone and policy configuration changes made in the management portal.
- General improvements to process and disk encryption state reporting for Device Posture Check.
- The Agent would sometimes create two distinct network interfaces when connecting to the ControlOne platform, causing the activity graph and byte counters to display incorrect information.
- When on the login screen, inputs to the username box were being treated as case sensitive, preventing login if the submitted username contained capitalized letters.
ControlOne Agent 184.108.40.206
August 4, 2022
- The Agent can now protect users from lateral attacks on public Wifi networks by intercepting all network connection attempts from potential bad actors. Wifi-Protection can be enabled within the settings panel of the Agent GUI.
- The Agent GUI could fail to start on some builds of macOS Catalina (10.15)
ControlOne Agent 220.127.116.11
July 21, 2022
- The Agent GUI is now re-launched after an over-the-air update, or if an Installer is pushed via RMM tool. This matches the behavior of the system service that is always restarted after an update.
- When multi-factor authentication was enabled, the challenge window would sometimes not be fully visible.
ControlOne Agent 18.104.22.168
July 18, 2022
- The Agent GUI would retain unreferenced memory when updating the menubar status icon on macOS.
ControlOne Agent 22.214.171.124
July 12, 2022
- The Agent now tests multiple targets for reachability when determining the state of secure internet connectivity through the ControlOne platform.
- Full Disk Encryption state for Device Posture Policies is now reported consistently for macOS.
- Creation of the network interface could intermittently fail during connection start on Windows 10 systems.
- Faster switching between Ethernet connections (via USB-C) and Wi-Fi on macOS systems.
- The Agent GUI would sometimes render the status panel incorrectly on macOS systems while using a discrete GPU.
- The Windows system-tray icon does not appear downscaled smoothly on systems configured with display scaling set below the system default (aka Low-DPI mode). Agent connectivity is unaffected by this graphical bug.
ControlOne Agent 126.96.36.199
June 8, 2022
- The Agent can now be configured to start automatically on system login. Previously the Agent always started by default, and now the toggle allows control of automatic start on login if it was disabled in the OS.
- The menubar icon for the macOS version now conforms to the Apple Human Interface Guidelines for macOS.
- Trackpad gestures like pinch to zoom no longer adversely affect the Agent UI.
- The login box no longer appears before the system service is ready.
- Communication "sync" between the tray GUI and the system service is now faster and more responsive during state changes and button presses.
- Windows platform dependencies installed by the Agent Installer MSI package could result in system reboot.
- The Agent GUI occasionally renders the status panel incorrectly on macOS systems while using a discrete GPU. Agent connectivity is unaffected by this graphical bug.
ControlOne Agent 188.8.131.52
May 16, 2022
- The Agent can now be configured to disconnect when quitting the tray GUI, the intended use is for Bring-your-own-device (BYOD) endpoints.
- There are now status messages for Device Posture failures, reconnecting and roaming, and when re-syncing to the system service.
- Windows platform dependencies (MSVC and WebView2) are automatically installed if not present on the system during installation of the Agent.
- Communication "sync" between the tray GUI and the system service is more reliable when relaunching the GUI.
- macOS Catalina (10.15) and earlier do not display the status indicator in the menubar icon.
- Some system telemetry data (current local user, uptime, boot volume) is not fully reported from computers running macOS Mojave 10.14.x, which was end-of-life'd by Apple (25 Oct 2021).