This article discusses ControlOne WAN optimization
- Cytracom ControlOne
When installing a CBR that is connected to ControlOne you will have the option to "Optimize" the bandwidth. This tool is an automated speed test for your WAN link to determine upload and download speed.
This speed test sets the upload and download limits for the QoS profile on the CBR. Cytracom strongly suggests running the optimization after setting up the device. If you do not run the optimization, you may develop issues with high-priority devices being deprived of needed bandwidth.
How to run an optimization.
1. Log into the ControlOne portal and select the applicable account from the drop-down menu, then navigate to the "Site" option on the left-hand side.
2. Select the CBR on which to run the optimization.
3. A configuration menu will pop out from the right-hand side of the screen. Select the Primary tab at the top to switch to the port configuration screen.
4. From this screen, select the WAN port (normally port number 1). You will see configurable options for the WAN port and at the bottom, you will see a "Bandwidth" section. This is where you will run the optimization test.
5. Click the Optimize button. A pop-up message will appear warning that starting the optimization will interrupt internet traffic, along with the option to run immediately or schedule for a later time.
Alternatively, you can manually set the bandwidth limits of the WAN link by changing the option from Auto to Manual. This will allow you to enter the speeds by hand.