"The DP720 is a DECT cordless VoIP phone that allows users to mobilize their VoIP network throughout any business, warehouse, retail store and residential environment. It is supported by Grandstream’s DP750 DECT VoIP base station and delivers a combination of mobility and top-notch telephony performance."
To access the full user manual, please click here.
Quick User Information is below:
Turning the handset ON / OFF To turn ON the handset
- Long press on power key until the LCD screen lights up.
To turn OFF the handset
- Long press on power key again when the handset is idle until the display turns off.
Rebooting the DP750
- Unplug the connections in the back of the base (pictured below). Leave it unplugged for a few seconds and then plug it back in. Allow approximately 5 minutes for the base to regain connection and sync with the handset.
Registering DP720 handset to DP750 base station
- On DP750 Base station, press and hold Radio/Page button (looks like a sideways wifi signal) for about 7 seconds until radio LED starts blinking.
- On DP720, press Subscribe softkey if available on the main screen or access Menu>Settings >Registration>Register while the DP750 Radio icon is blinking.
Note: “Subscribe” softkey appears only if DP720 is not registered to any DP750 base station.
- Select Base X (X=1-4) corresponding to the desired base station DP750, then press Subscribe.
- The DP720 will search for nearby base stations and will display the RFPI code and base station name of the discovered DP750.
- Press Subscribe to pair with the displayed DP750.
The DP720 will display Easy Pairing on the LCD and play an audible buzz when successful. Then it will return to the home screen, displaying the handset name and number assigned by the registered base station.
Checking base station IP address
- Press “Menu” ( ).
- Use arrow keys to reach Settings > Info.
- Press “Select” softkey to display Info page, browse the screen to find IP address
Setting the key lock To enable the keypad lock
1. Press and hold the hash key (#) for approximately 2 seconds.
2. DP720 screen will show “Keypad Locked” message briefly and key lock icon will appear.
To disable the keypad lock
- Press and hold the hash key (#) for approximately 2 seconds to unlock the keypad.
- DP720 screen will show “Keypad Unlocked” message.
Editing the handset’s name
- Press Menu
- Use arrow keys to reach Settings> Handset Name
- Enter the desired name and press “Rename“ softkey
Date and time
- Press Menu
- Use arrow keys to reach Settings > Date and time
- Edit current values in date/time fields (you can change date/time format using left and right arrow keys) and then press Set softkey
- Press Save softkey to confirm
Call transfer Blind transfer
- During an established call, press (left softkey) to access Options > Transfer. The initial call will be on hold.
- Enter the number or select the handset you want to transfer the call to.
- Press (Dial key) to complete transfer.
- During an established call, press (left softkey) to access Options > New call. The initial call will be on hold.
- Choose the line and enter the number you want to transfer the call to, then press (Dial Key).
- Once second call is established, press Options > Transfer.
- During an established call, press (left softkey) to access Options > Conference. The initial call will be on hold.
- Enter the number of the second party you want to add to the conference and press (Dial key).
- Press (Mute key) to switch off the microphone during an established call. Mute icon will be displayed on the screen.
- Press (Mute key) again to switch the microphone back on.
Activate do not disturb mode
- Press “Menu” ( ).
- Use arrow keys to reach Call settings > Do Not Disturb.
- Select the account for which you want to enable DND feature, and press “Select” softkey.
- Select Enabled and press “Save” to confirm.