The subject line of a ticket should contain the following to be most efficient:
- Company Name
- Very Brief Description of the Problem
- Urgency(Urgent, High, Normal)
An example format of this would be: "Cytracom - Internet is down - Urgent"
Comment or Description:
The description of the ticket should provide as much detail as possible about what the issue is including but not limited to the following:
- Description of what is happening.
- When did the issue start happening.
- How many users affected?
- What type of network hardware along with who the ISP(Internet Service Provider) is.
- Any applicable firmware versions, serial numbers, mac addresses of affected hardware.
- What business or customer locations are affected. (If Applicable).
- Best way to contact via email or phone and also what the best contact number is.
An example format of this would be: "My client "XYZ Company" is having an issue with their internet. The firewall at the site is a Sonicwall TZ500 and the ISP is Comcast. At this time the only location affected is the Dallas location. The issue started just this morning. The software on the Sonicwall is 123.67b. You can contact me either by email or by phone and my contact number is xxx-xxx-xxxx"
NOTE: If the issue is happening after hours and is urgent please include the words urgent or emergency in the description or subject if you are emailing the ticket in. If you are submitting the ticket via web portal just make sure the priority is either high or urgent.
Cytracom's contact information:
Call 877-411-2987, and enter the appropriate option:
For Tech Support: Option 1 then 1
For Account Management: Option 1 then 2