Two types of caller ID issues:
- Outbound calls from the extension:
- Once the number is ported to Cytracom, the outgoing caller ID may be updated immediately in the Cytracom portal.
- The name that appears on the outbound call can take 7-10 business days to populate with outside carriers.
- Inbound calls:
- The name that appears on the inbound call is determined by that party’s carrier.
- Inbound calls may appear to come from a city (usually the case with cellphones) or company only, instead of from an individual.
Note: Caller ID is ultimately reliant on the fact that both the inbound and outbound callers' phones are configured correctly. Please contact a System Administrator for further assistance.