When multiple companies operate out of one office, it can be hard to tell which phone number a person called in on. Changing the incoming caller ID to display an entered text before the inbound caller ID number will allow the person answering the call to differentiate the line called and answer appropriately.
- Log into the portal, click on PBX.
- Click Phone Numbers
- Select the number you would like to update.
- Select Caller ID Mode
- Select Text + Original to populate the box to the right, labeled Caller ID Text.
- You can enter any information in the box you would like displayed on your phones before the incoming caller ID number.
- Select Submit at the bottom to save your changes.