There are many, many different ways that you can configure your Cytracom PBX to meet your needs, or the needs of your clients. However, there are some common steps that should be followed when setting up any new account:
- Set up E911. No phones on the account will be able to make outbound calls until this is done.
- Route your phone number(s) for incoming calls.
- Configure Global Settings. This includes account-wide settings like intercom, parking, and international calling.
- Call Forwards. These should be set up in advance so that any outside numbers are labeled and available for your use in configuring routing throughout the PBX.
- Add Users. If you would like any additional users to have access to the system, add them now so that they are able to make changes when needed.
- Record voicemail greetings and auto attendant announcements.