Auto Attendants route calls based on the input of the caller. The caller will listen for options to dial a specific extension or group such as, press 1 for Support or 2 for Sales.
Note: Auto Attendants work well for businesses that have different departments.
Creating an Auto Attendant:
- In the PBX, click on
Auto Attendanton the menu bar.
- Key in the
Auto Attendant Name.
- Set the Attendant Timeout. This is the amount of time a caller has to key in their selection.
- Set the Digit Timeout. This is the amount of time a caller has between each key they press.
Select the Timeout Route. The call will be routed to this destination if the caller does not make a selection within the time set via attendant timeout.
Select the method for the Announcement:
- Record via Phone - Record the announcement directly from the phone using the code given when this option is selected.
- Upload File - upload a .wav or mp3 file that is no larger than 10MB from the computer that has been previously recorded.
- Default Recording States - "Hello and thank you for calling. If you know your party's extension, you may dial it at any time. For a company directory, please press * now. To leave a message in our general company voice mailbox, continue to hold or press 1. To hear these options again, press 9 now. Thank you for calling."
Configure the desired buttonsand select a route to option. If a button is not needed, leave it blank.