Queues allow callers to be placed in line, on hold, or to wait for an available agent. Also, queues provide greater detail for call reporting and agent statistics.
Set Up a Queue:
- Login at secure.cytracom.net
- Click on
- click on
+on the right side of the menu bar.
- Under Call Center, click on
- Name the queue.
- Choose the caller ID prefix for calls sent to this queue from the drop-down menu.
Note: Original will show the caller ID as normal. Text + Original will display the text entered in the next field plus the original caller ID.
- Join When Empty allows callers to be placed in the queue when no agents are logged into the queue. If this is off, callers will be routed to timeout and skip the queue when there are no agents to ring.
- Ring-In-Use will allow an agent already on a call to be offered a second call from the Queue.
- Set the Priority of the queue allows a ranking of the calls coming in. The higher the number set, the higher the priority. (i.e. A priority 2 call is a higher priority than a priority 1 call.)
- Choose a Ring Strategy:
- Ring All will ring all active agents at the same time.
- Round Robin will ring agents one at a time in a predetermined order.
- Least Recent will ring the agents sequentially based on who has not taken a call recently.
- Fewest Calls will ring an agent who has taken the fewest calls that day.
- Random will ring agents in random order.
- Set the duration of the ring for each agent.
- If an agent needs to be taken out of the queue, they can be set to Pause or Log Off the agent.
- Set a Wrap-Up Time for agents to have before another call will ring their phone.
While Caller is Waiting in the Queue:
- In order to play periodic announcements:
- Create a new mailbox to hold the announcement.
- Enter the frequency in seconds the announcement will play.
- Enable Can Caller Press 0 To Exit Queue if this feature is desired.
- Enable Announce Hold Time so the caller will be updated on their wait time. The wait time can be rounded to the nearest minute.
- If Agent Priority is enabled, agents may be added with a priority number assigned to each agent. 10 is the highest priority, 9 the next, and so on. If an agent with a priority of 10 is available, the call will go to that agent versus an available agent with a lower priority.
- Enable Announce Position so the caller will know their number in the queue. A limit may be set, and the system will not announce the position when it is higher than the limit.
Agents Assigned to the Queue:
Select the agents to be active in the queue by using the left and right arrow buttons. The order of the agents may be adjusted by using the up and down arrow buttons if needed.
Submit. Calls may now be routed to the queue.