Sometimes an extension needs to be re-purposed or moved from one location to another, and the extension number must be changed. There are a few steps to this process:
- Remove the extension from all routing on the system. This includes direct routing from phone numbers, groups, auto attendant options, Time Frames, and Find Me settings.
- Select the
Devicestab and open the device needing to be changed.
- Adjust the Device in the portal to temporarily point to a different extension under Accounts. Which extension is not important, as this will be changed back shortly to the new extension number.
- Delete the extension by going to the Extensions page and clicking the trash can twice on the line with the extension no longer needed.
+ Newand set up the extension again with the new number.
- A new mailbox can be created at this time or an existing one can be reconfigured.
- Go back to the Device and change the Account to point to the new extension.
Reboot the phone for it to pull the changes down.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if further assistance is needed.