Sometimes an extension needs to be re-purposed or moved from one location to another, and the extension number must be changed. There are a few steps to this process:
- Remove the extension from all routing on the system. This includes direct routing from phone numbers, groups, auto attendant options, Time Frames, and Find Me settings.
- Adjust the Device in the portal to temporarily point to a different extension under Accounts. Which extension is not important, as this will be changed back shortly to the new extension.
- Delete the extension by going to the Extensions page and clicking the trash can twice on the line with the desired extension.
+ Newand set up the extension again with the new number. Make sure to point the mailbox settings to the original mailbox for that extension.
- On the Mailboxes page, edit that mailbox and enter the new extension number and name if necessary.
- Go back to the Device and change the Account to point to the correct extension again.
Reboot the phone for it to pull the changes down. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if further assistance is needed.